Copper Cable Theft Security Conference
Date: 25 May 2023
to 26 May 2023
Venue: Emperors Palace Convention Centre, Johannesburg
Cable theft is on the rise around the world, with the increase demand for copper and steadily increasing prices over the last decade. Cable and copper theft has become so common that it barely registers as a blip on the media radar. But not a single week goes by without the lives of ordinary people being disrupted by cable theft in our country.
Eskom alone loses approximately R7 billion a year; Prasa lost about R364 million in Gauteng and the Western Cape in the year 2019; and Transnet lost about R3.9 billion from 2019 to 2022.
The conference would discuss technologies measures with collaboration between Law Enforcement and private security to curb cable theft in our society and mining industries.
* To discuss easy ways to prevent cable thefts.
* Improving locks on-site as a basic security measure that can deter criminals.
* Protecting underground copper cable theft with technologies in mining
* Technologies measure to protect essential infrastructure
* Technologies measures to identify and protect the steeling of aluminium cables
* Collaboration between Law Enforcement and private security with all stakeholders
* Networking with the peers
For more details to register, please contact Chris
Tel: +27 10214 0666 FAX: 086 482 1492